Permanent Representation of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Geneva Switzerland
Currently in the spotlights
|Address||31-33 Avenue Giuseppe-Motta 1202 Genève Switzerland|
+41 (0)22 748 18 00
NL Mission in Geneva
November 20, 2013 In his speech President and Minister of Finance, Jeroen Dijsselbloem, described the Eurozone as a community with solidarity among its members and an understanding of each other’s responsibilities. The euro crisis has put this community to the test. Doubts were raised about member states’ commitment to the rights and obligations within a monetary union. But the Eurozone took its responsibility - it showed significant efforts to help weak members and strengthened fiscal policy legislations at the same time. The work on the future design of the system is ongoing.
October 11, 2013 The recipe for emancipation and freedom for girls is education. Unfortunately in conflict areas, girls are usually kept at home. Therefore, Plan International organizes on 11 October, the 2nd international day of the Girl Child, an event about innovative ways to allow children in conflict areas to go to school.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs faces far-reaching budget cuts
- 9 September TEDx-event on Peace and Justice
- Ban Ki-moon opens ministerial conference on peaceful settlement of disputes
- Peace Palace celebrates 100 years as symbol of peace and justice
- Royal decoration for Mr Pascal Lamy, Director-General of the WTO